Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I couldn't save you.

Per the calendar, Spring is here. Per my thermostat, not so much.

Still....there are buds peeking out hither and thither, and that gives me a tiny happy spark.

Yesterday marked Day One of being laid off. I wanted to crawl into bed and moan, and did not. Instead, it was dentist and errands and running to keep busy. Today has been laundry, the child cleaning his room, and cleaning the kitchen. I am hoping this is temporary, as I need to work. My brain can't handle a non-routine.

There's been a lot of listening to things with banjos & neo-americana. There's been a lot of organisation. There's been a lot of staring out the window. There's been a lot of planning this year's garden--herbs! flowers! more veggies for the mister! There's been a lot of throwing away the unnecessary, and holding close the needed.



'mericana

No comments: